Thinking about going solar? Here are a few reasons why you might want to:
- You can completely or partially offset your utility bill. On a tiered meter, like PG&Es typical residential rates, a partial offset can save large amounts of money by keeping the usage down in the lower tiers. As the month goes on with a tiered meter, you pay more and more for you power, based on how much you use. Offsetting half the usage saves substantially more than half the money.
- There are incentives in the form of rebates and tax credits offered by both state and local governments to help you get a utility-tied solar system, covering about half the cost.
- 30% Federal Tax Credit
- You can “freeze” your utility rates where they are by offsetting your power bill fully. PG&E has historically raised rates 6.7% annually.
- Solar electric systems increase the value of your home with non-taxable green equity.
- You can purchase a solar system without changing your monthly budget. The solar system can be financed in a way that sets your monthly payments equal to previous utility bills.
- It’s good for the environment. Solar electricity produces no emissions after the initial production of the components. A solar system silently produces electricity any time the sun shines on it.
- A solar system does not require fuel or re-charging to produce power. The solar modules are not “used up” as they produce power, so they last a very long time (warrantied for 25 years).
We customize and quote solar systems too.
Customizing your solar system is important for many special applications. We offer comprehensive energy usage analysis and recommendations. We also design small and large commercial single and 3 phase systems.
Contact our showroom for a quote today!
530.223.0753 | [email protected]